Minors traveling alone

Minors traveling alone

Viajes Nacionales
  • Only Unaccompanied Minors with Ages Between 07 years old and 18 years old are allowed, they must have an Authorization from their Legal Representative.
  • They cannot travel on domestic flights after 6:00 p.m..
  • Request the respective service confirmation in the reservation through a SR (special service request) and must be issued as an adult passenger.
  • El representante del menor de edad sin acompañante deberá realizar los trámites necesarios para el chequeo y embarque del menor.
  • Es de carácter obligatorio que el pasajero presente original y copia de cada documento.
  • They must inform in a mandatory way at the time of processing the reservation Surname, Name, Identity Document, Telephone Contact and Address of the person who will take you to the airport and who receives you.
  • Children and adolescents traveling alone or with third parties within the country require authorization from a legal representative, issued by the Council for the Protection of Children and Adolescents, by a civil headquarters or through an authenticated document.
  • NOTE: En equipo Cessna Caravan solo se permitirá un (1) menor viajando solo (UMNR) debido a que no se cuenta con tripulación de cabina, en equipo ATR-42 se permitirá dos (2) menores viajando solos.

    Travel abroad for minors

    Organic Law for the Protection of Children and Adolescents (LOPNA) Articles 392 and 393

    Travel Authorizations
    1. If the child or adolescent is accompanied by only one of their legal representatives (father or mother), the other legal representative who is not accompanying them must go to the Notary Public to process a travel authorization for their son or daughter..
    2. Note: The child or adolescent cannot go to a protection council, it is only processed by the Notary Public's Office.

    3. If the child or adolescent, travels alone or is accompanied by a third party (grandparents, aunts, uncles, older siblings, cousins, friends, etc.) the two (2) legal representatives or the one who legally represents them, must go to a Notary Public's office to process an authorization to travel for their son or daughter.
    4. Note: This procedure can also be done before a protection council and it is not necessary to be authenticated before the Notary Public.

      1. If one of the parents or both parents are abroad, the other legal representative or the person legally representing him/her within the national territory, may request the authorization to travel before the competent courts in the matter of children and adolescents of their national judicial district.
      2. Also, one of the parents or both parents may go to the Venezuelan consulate closest to their residence in order to process the authorization to travel of their son or daughter.
      3. In case of not being able to go to the Venezuelan consulate for reasons beyond their control, one of the parents or both parents can go to a Notary Public in the city where they reside in order to process the authorization to travel of their son or daughter and such authorization must be apostilled, according to the Hague Convention

      If the authorization is apostilled, it is not necessary to have it validated by the Venezuelan Consulate.

      Note: Any of the three (3) ways used are valid to process the authorization to travel of the child or adolescent.